Tuesday 26 May 2009

I wish i'd beena tortoise and had my home on my back....!



About a month after the earthquake, I got a call from the rental department, who were managing the apartment and I was told that a surveyor would be coming round.........which triggered all sorts of panic in me - I could only think of one reason for a surveyor coming round = because the owner wanted to sell up......we had only been in the flat 4 months, and I loved it so much, it would have broken my heart to have had to move.

Anyway, I was reassured by the rental peeps, (and also the owner, who had "popped" round one day, to ask if everything was ok after the quake - I appreciated this, she didnt have to, did she?) So feeling a little better, I let the surveyor in one day, who was clearly a total gossip, the bloke couldnt hold water, never mind client confidentiality, bless him and he blagged and told me it was because the flats were concrete, which apparently means that they cant be remortgaged or anything............

So, ya got it.............................flat WAS put up for sale, but only after the owner had tried to put my rent up by £150/month - apparently this would have "brought it in line" with other one bedroom flats in the area??!!! I searched long and hard, and t0 be honest, the £550 I was paying for a one bedroom flat in Folkestone was OVER the norm at the time - to be asked to pay £700 was blatantly taking the piss............

Getting in from work one evening, there was a note pushed under the door giving me notice to quit..................and so the search for a new property was on...........but not before I had reverted back to Bridget Jones, opened a bottle of wine and called all my friends in pieces, just booing my eyes out........I still, to this day, regret having to leave that flat and if I ever get any money, im going back to buy one!

Now I was thoroughly cheesed off ..........no boyfriend (although, to be honest, that was no great shakes at the time!) no money, no flat, no seaview and even Dave the Dolphin had left town at this point.................

Luckily, Stu and I found a lovely little house in a cul de sac up the steepest hill you can imagine, in a quiet corner of town near the harbour.....................and we began the move of the century....!! The new house was only about 10 minutes walk from the old flat, so we literally moved by suitcase! - Every evening after work, we would take 2 or 3 suitcases full of stuff over to the new place and lug it up this bloody ginormous hill!! - I developed muscles in places I never knew I had! (I know I have spelt ginormous wrong, by the way,but I can be arsed to google it - isnt it weird when you spell something wrong, and then whatever way you type it, it still looks wrong?!)

Anyway.....one digresses...........so we moved into the new house, relatively painlessly and everything was yet again hunky dory.........till I met Kevin...................and hold on to your seats, coz im REALLY gonna name and shame this bugger next blog - with both barrels - because of this tw*t my son and ended up homeless, in Dorset.....but I did get offered £1,000 by Take a Break magazine to sell my story ................Kevin's a Naval Officer, you see, and he was a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!!

Ciao darlings.........enjoy the sunshine and catch ya later...........

No comments:

Post a Comment